Episode 19 : “Mars : Black & White”

By : Frundock

 

-What has happened José…?

 

Has the boy come to speak with her, Cybersix notices he is definitely taller then he was before.  Amadeus must have been working on his body.  So now, José was growing again and seemed very powerful.  José was changing, to something she didn’t want to see.

 

-You see Cybersix, my uncle was kind enough to modify me.  He offered me a chance to be greater then I was.  To be what my father didn’t want me to become.  Now, I am growing, and soon, I’ll be a true man.

-N..no, you can’t be like this.  Von Reichter…

-Was a fool!  He always believed his creatures had to be controlled. He believed he was a superior being and therefore, all his creations would have to be less capable then him…  Amadeus always knew this, and he offered me liberty!

 

José had fire in his eyes, he was becoming what he wanted… What he always wanted.  He was like a Napoleon getting taller.  In his head, José was now invincible.  Nothing could stop him.  But she had noticed the boy was weak.  The “medecine” was doing its effects but it was taking time. But… She came here for a particular reason, and staying here too long would be dangerous.  She had to go to the point and very fast.

 

-José… I came here to find something.  I want to know the order in which you mix the elements.

-I can’t Cybersix.  I would never tell you my father’s greatest secret.

 

Cybersix knew what she had to do.  Even if she did not like the idea, force had to be used.  José would speak.  At the moment, he was over evaluating himself.  He had some problems walking and she could easily threaten him.  She was not speaking to him.  But silently, she walked to him.

 

-What are you doing?!?

-Give me an answer.

-NO!

 

She grab to boy.  He was heavy, heavier she thought he would be.  Still, he was an easy pick, and she literally threw him into the wall.  José who was thru all the dust had lots of difficulty breathing and Cybersix was still near him.  She then used a very different technic to make him speak.  She knew he was getting taller, it was his greatest dream…

 

-Tell me the order José, you know I can kill you.  But if you tell me, I will let you live.  And you’ll be taller.  You’ll be someone people respect.  You’ll be José Von Reichter.

 

José’s two feeling-less eyes where fixing her.  She hit the good point. He has doubts and he wants everything his uncle told him to be achieved.  He bows near Cybersix and start whispering to her ear.

 

Outside the mansion

 

Lucas is watching the trees burning into flames.  Many troops are trying to contain the heat away from their master’s home, and the fight seems quite successful, until the second bomb blows up.  The confusion is total.  Instead of putting the bomb far from the other, Lucas had put it about 100 meters from the other, hidden right in a tree.  So José’s Fixed Idea now has one big fire to control. Helmut is outside yelling order at the mindless soldier he commands.

 

-(Lucas) Damn, she’s taking lots of time…

 

Helmut is watching the flames…  Something is wrong in all this.  He thinks their attention was drawn away from the main show.  He wants to be sure nothing more would happen.  He calls for two Fixed Idea to come. 667 and 450.

-You two go patrol the other side.  I’ll go inside do a fast round.  Tell the other the keep fighting the flames.

-Yeaarssh Sir!

 

And Lucas, away from the mansion sees Helmut going inside… Come on Cybersix, come out and FAST!!! He can’t resist the tension and start moving near the mansion.  He has to go help his love, and damn fast.

 

Helmut coming near José doors

 

Helmut’s walking to the door and as he enter he sees José who stumbled near a wall.  Like if someone would have thrown him there.  He doesn’t seem to be moving. Maybe he have been killed… He gets near José, trying to touch him.

 

-Master…

-Owwww….

 

José is waking up. He has some difficulties to walk.  Amadeus had spoke with Helmut while he was suffering his changes.  José’s body was changing, and since he never lived the effects of growing, José would have trouble walking for some time.  Having everything explained by the creator of the medicine helped Helmut to understand, but the golden eyes, he couldn’t stand them.  It was not as his creator wanted them to be.

 

-What happened master?

-Have you became more stupid in such little time?!?  I’ve been attacked isn’t it obvious!?

-Well Sir, who came to attack you?

-That damn cyber again. She wanted information on Amadeus…

 

At that moment, José left a small pause in his speech. He had made a lie and wanted to know if it was believable.  Helmut was used to this technique and now only was nodding.  He did not want is master to know he could easily be questioned.

 

-Do you have any ideas where the renegade may have gone?

-Look in the mansion; she may still be there…

 

Down in the basement

 

José had told Cybersix the documentations on sustenance were in the office near the sustenance reservoir.  She had been amazed by the quantity of sustenance available.  She had even taken some.

 

Refilled, she was looking thru the many files present and she finally found it. It was a success, and while she was here, maybe she could find some other interesting.  She took a bag and put all the interesting pieces of paper she could find.  “Lebenkreation”, “Grüne Flüssigkeit”, “Kreation von Cyber“ and a new book, with a moon on it and the mark “Projekt zwölf“.

 

She had gathered as much information as she could, leaving the place was the best she could do now.

 

Running thru the halls, she finally finds a way out, a door….  She kicks it to open and go outside.  But the door hits something, a person.  As she turns to see, Lucas is on his back, still wondering what happened…

 

-Owww

-Lucas ?! I thought you were waiting for me…

-Yeah, well, you took quite a time so I came…

-No time for speaking, Let me bring you outta here.

 

She then takes Lucas in her arms, and run away from the mansion, with a bag, a precious bag.  Lucas, still looking for any broken bones, while realising he’s being carried by a woman… Oh well, masculinity taking a drop… 

 

A day passes, Cybersix and Lucas are speaking with one of Lucas best friends, Mauritus Cronenberg, about the book she brought.

 

-(Mauritus) It’s all in there “Grüne Flüssigkeit“, or what we call, Green Liquid, sustenance...  The process is pretty easy Cybersix, and in my lab, I will be able to make you some.  And I think I could even improve it a little so you have to take less and be stronger.

-That’s such a great news!

-(Lucas) Awesome!!  What about stopping the need for sustenance? Possible Cron?

-Not with what’s written here…  But maybe that if I search a little more in “Lebenkreation” (Creation of Life), I’ll find some interesting facts.  These books are the result of a huge work. This man, Josef, was a genius!!

-(Cybersix)  He was also a mad man, trying to be God. He’s pure evil…

-I thought so myself but look at “Projekt zwölf”… It seems to be a very recent work…

 

He hands it to the couple, on it, a planet, no a moon.  But definitely not the “Moon” of earth.  Huge circle of light, so unhuman, yet perfectly round, reflecting light and proving the Universe is so vast and unknown.

 

-(Lucas) What is it?

-Well, it speaks about the twelve, a new breed, a new species.  But it is not the work of Von Reichter…  It’s by…

 

On the island

 

-You are the twelve, the most enhanced human I could ever create.  Today starts your new life, your new training.  After months of the most painful training, you’ve accepted to be modified, to join me in a quest for power.  Receive this gift with gratitude and peace.

 

There were twelve men and women.  In a perfect line.  They came from different part of the world.  They had gone thru real hard experience and had proven their unconditional loyalty to Amadeus and his organisation.  Of the twelve, Amadeus had chosen two brother, Deimos and Phobos to be leader of the pack.  They had shown great abilities in all test and when they were together, they were incredible efficient.

 

They were still human at that stage and Amadeus had a table with 12 needles on it.  No one was asked to come, when you felt ready to go, you simply walked to your master and shown your arm to him.   Most of them were praying, thinking about their humanity and what would be left after.  The first to move was Larissa, a woman.  She was a determined fighter.  She shown her right arm to her master, as he pushed the white liquid into her veins.  She moved to a seat and then became her transformation.

 

While inside many thing were changing, few of it could be seen from the outside… Her eyes changed colours many times to end in a great azure one.  The black pupil straight in the centre, not a word came from her mouth.  Two Trances then came to get her and brought her into her room where she would rest.

 

The rest of the fighters came one by one, and passed thru the same experiences, only they didn’t had the same colors.  At the end, Deimos and Phobos came to Amadeus at the same time. And he injected them the new liquid at the same time.  At the end, Phobos had black eyes, and Deimos white ones, which made him look perfectly human…

 

-Rest now my two leaders, soon you’ll start your new training, and in 4 weeks, a new mission awaits you and your men’s.

-(Deimos and Phobos) Thank you my Lord.

 

Back to the house, in the mountains

 

-(Cybersix) This is awful…

-(Lucas) When would he do that?

-(Cron)  There is no date to when the project starts, but it will be soon

-(Lucas) Maybe even…

-(Cybersix) Already started…

-(Cron) Impossible!  It is too ambitious!  Those new kinds of human requires a knowledge not available on this earth…

-(Cybersix) Maybe he learned something from his brother; remember we are missing a lot of information.

-(Cron) Still…

-(Lucas) She’s right, we must investigate a little, and I’ll speak with Yashimoto tomorrow…

-(Cron) Who ?

-(Lucas) A guy…

 

Mauritus Cronenberg left the building. Leaving Cybersix and Lucas together…  He had promised to bring her some sustenance of his own by tomorrow and they had no doubt about it.  But soon, they would have a new problem, the Council of the Twelve.  A new kind of fighter.

 

Lucas was revising his biogenetical knowledge, the possibilities of what was about to be done, or what was already under way…  Not only did he gave them superior strengths, as the Trance, but he also worked on their brain frequency, pumping it to higher levels.  That meant they would be quicker, way quicker then any human.

 

Sure they would still have the mind of human, not any brighter or wiser, but with the proper training, they would soon be a great thread to them. I hope this is impossible…

 

He looked at the sky, with something deep in him, knowing it was already under way…

 

In the backyard of Amadeus’ castle

 

-What does this means Uncle?

-Those are my new bread of fighter…

-Why are they standing there, like stupid mailbox…

-Your perspicacity will always amaze me José, They are in fact meditating, in a position where they can sense all their muscles.

-Ah… And what is so special about them?

-They will help me against Cybersix, and against any of my opponents…

-What do they do?

-You’ll see… Deimos, Phobos…

 

The two men comes to their master and put a knee on the ground.  Waiting for a task.

 

-Show my nephew some tricks you can do.

-All right Sir!

 

            They both turn out to José

 

-Sir please don’t move…

-Hum… Okaayy…

 

They each positioned around José, one in front, the other on the back.  They slowly started to throw punches at each other.  The other blocking the hits…  They were at a normal speed, still at a very decent speed.

 

-Uncle, I don’t see what impressive in those moves…

-NOW!

 

The two fighters started to go at incredible speed, going very near the head of José at some time.  Suddenly, José was stressed…  He could still see the hands, but he realised trying to block them for more then a few seconds would be absolute madness…

 

The hands kept moving, and the eyes of the brothers were lighting up, dark against white.

 

Amadeus was quietly watching the scene, looking a little at his nephew, but more at the two brothers.  They were testing themselves, they wanted to be the better and they were incredibly focused on the task they were doing… Ah…Eternal brothers fights… 

 

-Stop now!

 

            They both stopped at the same time. Looking straight in each other fights.

 

-Those men will help us in our quest, José!

-Im….Imp…Impressive…

-You can now leave, all of you….

-Goodbye Sir!

 

They both returned to the meditation and José left to the boat, going back to the mansion, he was now taller, looking like a teenager.  He had tested his new power, beating two Fixed Idea really easily.  He was proud of himself, finally, both then, the Twelve were coming…

 

The night, into the Twelve resting room

 

-(Deimos) What were you trying to do this afternoon?

-(Phobos) Prove I’m the best…

-(Deimos) Useless, we are a team.

-(Phobos) Don’t tell me what’s useless or I’ll…

-(Deimos) All right, calm down brother now let’s join the other, Sinope is waving at us…

-(Phobos) Go, I’ll stay here a little, have to think.

-(Deimos) Okay, see you in a minute…