Episode 14 : Survival
By Jon Burke



Lucas left the cafe and walked down the busy street. The huge explosion was over, everyone was in a panic. Lucas turned down an alley way and started walking towards Cybersix's apartement. To his surprise and joy, her light was on in her room! He rushed up the buildings stairs, found her apartement, and opened the door. He saw nobody, just the lone light by her bed. Silence. He searched the apartement, from the livingg room, the bathroom, the kitchen, nothing, nobody...

Lucas walked over to the window and opened it up, the warm night air drifted in, and the cutains fluttered gently...

He remembered her, their first kiss, how she saved him, how much he loved her...

As he looked out the window, a single tear fell down his cheek...

Jose was back at the mansion, thinking about what to do next. His father was presumably dead, and he only had one fixed idea left. "Alright" said Jose,"we need to go back to the observatory and salvage anything we can! Lets move!!!" Jose and the fixed idea left the mansion and headed for the blasst sight.

Meanwhile...

Lucas left Cybersix's apartement, and went back to his own. He had given up hope of her surviving that explosion.

"NO!" he thought, "I can't give up on her like that!!" he raced downstairs and jumped on his motorcycle and sped off towars the observatory...

"Come on come on!!!! Faster, we have to get there, NOW!!!" yelled Jose. They were getting closer to the observatory, and Jose was getting impatient. "What do we expect to find, boss?" the fixed idea said. "Shut up and kep your eyes on the road!!!" was the angrey response.

Lucas was about five minutes behind Jose so he didn't expect anything of them. As he looked onto the Pennisula where the observatory one stood, he remebered again, all the things that have happened with Cybersix. This caused him to speed up, and become more angrey.

Jose and the fixed idea arrived at the site, and started to dig through everything. After a while, they ventured off into the woods, bacause the explosion could'va thrown some important things inside. Everything they found was useless, except for one vial of sustanence, only half full...

Lucas arrived and noticed Jose's car, he didn't think too much of it, until he heard them talking. Seeing a piece of jagged metal on the ground, he picked it up and hid behind Jose's car. "Hmmm" thought Jose "the vial isn't broken, but half of it is missing, strange." Just after Jose said that, Lucas charged around the car yelling at the top of his voice... WHACK!!! He plowed the metal bar right into the fixed ideas head! The fixed idea went flying backwards 5 feet. "You were resonsible for this!!!" Lucas yelled at Jose. Jose managed to jump in the car and drive off before Lucas could crush him. Lucas turned towards the fixed Idea, raised the metal bar above his head, and was a bout to bring it down when a bright green flash caused him to drop the bar. The Fixed Idea deactivated at the last moment. One full vial fell out of the sleeve as lucas examined the clothes. "Aha, this is what I need." he thought to himself...

Lucas started venturing around the forest, debris was everywhere on the forest floor. After a half an hour,he began to lose hope. He was not going to find her. He took a few steps back and steped on someting soft, like leather...

Jose was still speeding home, not knowing what the hell to do now because he lost his last fixed idea, and there was only limited things that he could use in the mansion. He knew he probably only produse one, posably two fixed ideas, until he was completely out of supplies.

Meanwhile...

...Lucas looked down on what he stepped on. He bent over and picked it up. It was Cybersix's hat, completely flattened, ripped, almost desrtroyed. He fell to his knees, and saarted to yell, "WHERE ARE YOU, CYBERSIX!!!???" Now he bang frantically searching aroung the vicinity of where he found the hat. Nothing. Silece. He turned over debris, looked through bushes, everywhere, there was no sign of anything else. He was just about to leave and go back to his motorcycle, when he heard a very faint, almost undetectable whisper say, "I'm rright hhhere..."

Lucas rushed over to where the voice came from. There he found her, Cybersix, sprawled on her back, cape and leather suit burned, ripped. She was looking up at him, he fell to her knees, and lifted up her head, and shoulders. "I knew you'd find mme..."

Cybersix tried to say. "Shh, don't talk, let me take care of you." With that, Lucas kissed her in the dark forest near the place that almost killerd both of them

...Both of them had their eyes closed when they kissed each other. Lucas opened his eyes first, and saw that Cybesix had a tear down the side of her cheek. She opened her eyes a few seconds later. The two separated lips, but continued to look into each others eyes. Cybersix said to him quietly,

"Oh Lucas, thank you... for being there for me... all this... time. You were always so... caring and kind... you didn't care if I was... human or not... ypu were always there... for me..." She fell forward onto his shoulders with a sigh of pain.

"You were the only... one to treat me... as a woman... and not some... creture of the night." She continued, "

"I... love...you....Lucas." her voice trailed off.

"No!" Lucas said, "saty with me! Don't die! Cybersix!"
"There is no hope... for me... let me be, my ... love" Cybersix replied.
"No!" Lucas cried, he hugged her tightly, "it's not over yat , I swear!"
He took her hand in his, her gloves were burnt and torn as well, he placed her hand over his heart...

"Goodbye... Lucas... I will... miss you, and I'm so glad... I... met...you..." Her voice fell, and her hand went limp, her eyes fell shut... Silence.............

...Lucas began to weep, and bowed his head. Never has he lost someone so specail in his life. He gently picked her up and carried her back to his motorcycle.He slowly rode home with her across his lap. Her closed eyes looked up at him the whole way home. Something extraordinary struck him as he pulled up to his apartment building. It seemed she was breathing very lightly! He put his hand on her chest, he was right, she was breathing lightly! He carried her up to his apartment as fast as he could. Once inside, he placed her on his bed and knelt beside her. then he remembered! The vial full of sustenance! He took it out of his pocket and slowly poured it down her throat.He sat there, looking at her, and waiting. Nothing. No movement. He saw all the cuts and bruises on her stong body, but now so weak and near death, he seemed helpless. More thoughts flashed through his mind, more memories...The first time he saw her, on the bridge. The times when she saved his life. The whole time he was with her everyday and didn't even know it. Adrian. He knows her secret now, why she didn't want to go to the hospital. Lucas must have sat there for a few minutes, not moving just thinking. He remembered back in the forest. She said she loved him. He loved her too, but didn't tell her, now it's too late, she's almost gone. The once strong, and beautiful women is now barely breathing and unconscious in front of him. He remembered. The explosion... The forest..Everything. He was going half mad. He got up and fell besisde her.

"Please wake up, I love you to much to lose you now." he pleaded, "Don't go, I didn't even say goodbye!" He put his hand in heer hair, and lowered his head.

"Please" he whispered, "Come back to me, I couldn't live without you, everything we've been through..." He raised his head, and took her hands in his again. This time he took off her gloves, and held her hands together.

"Please, come back to me." Lucas begged, "I...need...you." he squeezed her hands tightly and, slowly, she opened her eyes...

"Lucas..." She said to him softly. He let go of her hands, picked her up gently and hugged her tightly. She slowly managed to put her arms around him as well. He whispered softly into her ear...

"I love you..." She responded back:

"I ...know...you...do..." they stayed in that position for a few minutes, but to them, it seemed like an eternity...........

...Jose arrived at the observatory, and once again, started digging through the rubble. He sent his fixed ideas to search around different areas. After a few minutes, they took a break, and nobody had managed to find anything.

"We have to keepsearching, there has to be something out there!!"

..." You pulled through..." Lucas said softly to her.

"Just barely...thanks to..you" Cybersix answered back. She continued: "The sustenance you gave me... saved my life. Is there any left?" she asked.

"Afraid notm that was the last of it." Lucas replied, "but don't worry Jose still has one fixed idea left." Lucas added.

""We'll have to..hunt him down..quickly, because I am going to need more sustenance, because of all my injuries." She said to him.

"No way, you are in no shape to do anything of the sort." Lucas said to her. He went into the bathroom and got his first aid kit. He rewrapped her arm, and cleaned as much of the wounds as he could. He carefully removed her cape and hung it on a hook. Her body suit was ruined, she would have to get a new one.Lucas wasn't sure if she had any serious injuries, there was no way of knowing. He said to her shyly, "I can't tell if there is anything wrong with you with that dadmaged suit on." She looked up at him.

"It's alright...Lucas, go ahead..." She said to him. Lucas walked back into the bathroom, and got some towls, and went back to the bed. He slowly unzipped her black suit and slid it downwards. He placed one of the towels over her bare chest, and continued to slide the suit downward. After it was completely off, he put the other towel over her legs. He examined the black suit, it was now basically useless. He tosed it over a chair and walked over to the bed. She was pretty good, except for a dislocated shoulder. She could still move everything, but with pain. After Lucas finished bandaging up her wounds, he reset her shoulder, this caused her to cry out with pain.

"Sorry, are you alright?" Lucas asked.

"Don't worry, I'll feel better...later." She said to him. He supported her arm with an extra pillow. The clock read 1:24 am. Both of them were very tired.

"Thank you Lucas, I'm in your...debt." She said to him. He pulled a blanket over her, she leaned up and kissed him passioniatly.

"Goodnight." she whispered to him.

"Goodnight, you'll feel better in the morning." He answered back to her. She promtly fell asleep. Lucas spent most of the night staring at her, glad she was safe. He went over and fell asleep on the couch. But, in the morning, he found he awoke up next to her on his arms...

Episode 15 is on the way!!!